Published: September 8, 2014
Collection of Information
We generally collect or receive the following types of information when you use the Services:
- Information You Provide Directly. You may provide information, including personal information, directly to us in several ways. For example, when you register for the Services, you may be asked to provide your name, email, phone number, address, company name, or other information. If you purchase a product through the Services, we may also ask you for information needed in order to process and ship your order. We also collect information that you provide to us when you make a submission through the Services, including the messages you submit through the “contact us” feature, or through the “Find a Physician” feature.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect certain information about you and your computer automatically when you use the Services. This may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location), or other device identifiers;
- The website you visited before you came to the Services; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on the Services, which we collect using cookies, Web beacons, and similar technologies.
- Information from Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site, if you connect to or interact with the Services through that site.
- Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect information about your location separately from your address or other information. For instance, we may use the GPS feature of your mobile device, or your IP address to help determine your geographic location.
- Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect and receive, for purposes including the following:
- To provide you with the Services, products, and information you request, including to fill, ship, or obtain payment for any orders submitted through the Services;
- To continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services;
- To better understand your interests in order to provide you (and enable our partners to provide you) with promotional materials, relevant content and advertisements, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials;
- To manage your account, perform billing and payment activities, and update you on your account status;
- To respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with certain entities, including:
- Affiliates and Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates—companies that control, or controlled by, or are under common control with Merit Medical—as well as select partners. These entities may use your information to provide services that you request, or to make predictions about your interest and may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements, and other information.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide payment processing, shipping, web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, content or functionality, and other services.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to others in order to:
- Protect the legal rights of Merit Medical, its affiliates, service providers, and partners;
- Protect the safety and security of users of the Services;
- Prevent fraud;
- Comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Aggregated Form. We may also share your information with third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Protection of Information
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
The Services are general-audience sites and we do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will comply with applicable law.
International Transfer of Data
Changing or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you have submitted personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address, or credit card number) through our website and would like to change or delete that information, please contact us at [email protected] Requests for changes to your data should be made by you directly.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We comply with this law by not sharing your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, the Services currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
We may, from time to time, contact you by email with information about Merit Medical and its subsidiaries that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such emails you can opt out of receiving further information by sending an email to us at [email protected]
Accessing or Changing Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may have the right to request details about the information we collect and to correct inaccuracies in that information. If you have submitted personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address, or credit card number) through our website and would like to access, change or delete that information, please contact us at [email protected]
* * *
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
We—and certain third parties that provide content, advertising and other functionality on the Services—use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Collect information about your browsing activities in order to provide you with more relevant content and ads, on and off the Services; and
- Relate the information automatically collected when you use the Services to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources.
- Other local storage. We, along with third-party partners, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects, please click here.
- Web beacons. We, along with our third-party partners, may also use technologies called Web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed. We and our partners use Web beacons for a variety of purposes, including analyzing the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.